Information you voluntarily provide:
We collect, store and use a limited amount of personal information including information you voluntarily provide as a part of the application process of the Program. Such personal information may include your name, contact details and email address. We have made every commercially reasonable attempt to limit the amount of personal information collected. The submission of your personal information is entirely voluntary and done at your sole discretion.
We also collect certain usage information to better understand how visitors use the website, which includes your IP address, URL you are coming from before visiting the website. The website logs these IP addresses, URL’s, device information such as identifier, name and type of operating system, mobile network information and web information such as browser type and pages accessed on the website, and aggregates them for system administration and to monitor the use of our site. We use the aggregated information to measure the number of visits to our site, the average time spent on our site, the number of pages viewed, and various other site statistics. This monitoring helps us to provide a more useful and engaging online experience to website visitors and helps us to improve the quality of our content.
- to contact you regarding Program-related events we feel you may be interested in;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the website when you choose to do so;
- to provide and maintain the website;
- to gather analysis to improve the website;
- to monitor usage of the website; and
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
We will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
The personal information that you voluntarily provide will be received and reviewed for Program-related purposes by our team and a select group of external experts, who have entered into undertakings with us to keep the information submitted by you confidential. We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. We share your information with selected companies and individuals as service providers to facilitate the website, including third-party service providers who have provided us with assurances that they process personal information under suitable data protection arrangements and security controls in place. These third-party service providers include cloud storage providers, IT services providers and analytics service providers.
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organizations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
The Humane Society International: India, Regus 5th & 6th Floor, Mafatlal House, H.T.Parekh Marg, Backbay Reclamation, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020
- You may review your personal information held by us and ask for it to be corrected.
- You may refuse to give your personal information and understand that in such event, it shall not be possible to accept your application to the Program.
- At any time after you have disclosed your personal information, you may withdraw consent for having it stored, at which time we will remove the information from our records, including its servers and any copies made of such information, and intimate you of such removal.